BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blog # 4 revision of "Hype"

On the essay from "signs of life in the USA" by Kalle Lasn talks about the toxic of advertisements that is affecting the American people today. Explains how the business company spends tons and tons on money and hours to get the people (consumers) to see and hear the products on ads all around the media. To be honest I totally agree with Kalle and her passage, every day when I wake up and turn on the TV all I see is a little bit of news or a favorite show and tons of commercials during the half an hour of to an hour. I take the MTA (living in NYC) and I see ads on the top of the trains or next to the seats, sometimes catching my eyes to those ads.  I laughed when reading the passage the second paragraph when she wrote (Kalle) and I quote “You fill your car with gas and there's an ad on the nozzle". And that’s so true now in days before when I was younger I never saw that, now it’s a common thing to see that. An other funny advertisement that I saw once which to be quite honest tops all the ads I seen in my life was during the FIFA World Cup last year, when I went to a local bar in the city and I saw on the urinal a mini soccer ball with a goal net. At first I was like "you got to be kidding me" and it was an ad for a beer company. I think company are going way extreme on the ads now in days, they want to catch the consumer's eyes to see if they but their product.

Kalle Lasn goes by saying that before she used to hear Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony on her head and now she’s she hears that kid singing the Oscar Meyer wiener song. I think her point of view on this is so true. People got used to or accepted music from advertisements with a caught melody. It’s polluting our head with stupid ads every day, I don't mind companies trying to sell the products, but to inject us with tons of it every day of every hour of our life’s, I believe it’s over doing it. Just keep it on a normal level and I believe that people will get the point, that's my opinion. Like the passage say “There is nowhere to run “meaning ads are everywhere and they are here to stay. And the sad part is that we are not doing anything to stop it, we use let our minds get pollute with meaningless ads

2 comments:

  1. The writer stayed on topic and focused on the thesis statement of the author. Gave good examples and personal experiences on how ads have affected him.

    Focused a bit too much on how he related to the passage instead of sticking to summarizing. Needs to cut the first paragraph to let the reader know what is the intro.

    Watch out for grammer and spelling mistakes such as (1st paragraph last sentence) "I think company are going..." instead "I think companies are going...".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a summary in your essay? Yes and it clearly states Kalle Lasn’s claim/thesis.The summary is in your own words, as well as not putting unimportant ideas. Putting Kalle Lasn’s quote “you fill your car with gas and there’s an ad on the nozzle” with your personal life of a toilet soccer ball was a funny and perfect example to describe her claim/thesis.

    ReplyDelete