BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blog 20: Reflection on the food unit

The food unit of this class was very fun to do; I really enjoy doing it and having a discussing on it with my fellow classmates. I learned new things about the food industry, which I haven’t learned or know before. About how all the processed food start back in the 1940’s during the war. How companies don’t really care about our health, they just care about the profits that they are gaining for our stupidity or ignorant that we know about where our food comes from. The food industry is like the matrix, I just know that is there and we don’t ask question about it. Like the essay I read on the last unit named “Red pill or blue pills” that ignorant is bliss, I can say that we are like that as well, because we don’t have where our food source come from. It’s all a big lie that the food industry is feeding us and marketing us as well. That our food comes from the farm, but in reality it comes from factories and the food is created with chemical to last longer and make us addict as well. To be honest I’m kind of piss that the US government is not doing anything about it. The facts are there and they just close their eyes and don’t do shit about it. Like the subtitle of professor X states “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad“at first I was wondering why you had that as your subtitle….. And now I know =)

I really enjoy the YouTube videos that we watched in class, they were funny but most of all it was very informing. Especially the one with the bottle of waters, I change my though on tap water and now I don’t buy bottle water anymore and I just stick with the old fashion way of tap water. I was so ignorant about that, now that I know the truth I will not help make companies rich any more by buying water. To be honest it feels good to know the truth, at first I didn’t see the meaning of it. But now I know that knowledge is power and I hope my fellow classmates have learned as well ….. at least some.

They comments I receive from the ESL students were helping in my blog # 15. I really appreciated their opinions on what I wrote. Some of them were funny and some were helpful, I think it a great way to make new friends as well. Now on the CAT-W#3 I was able to write more ideas and express my feeling better by having more in details what I was writing about, which it help a lot cause I pass the Cat #3. I hope I can do that on the real CAT. I see I’m improving a little bit on my writing, I hope you can help me more and give me more helpful tips in passing the real CAT.  I hope you continue on your teaching on the work unit, I will make an effort to still continue my learning from you. I really appreciate your knowledge and I will continue to be in class and learn from you. Thank you Professor X …. De verdad gracias.  

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you, Joao: You are one of the ones that gets what the class is all about and therefore are enjoying our topics (as much as one can enjoy the truth). This means you are ready to take on the challenges of college. We just need to keep on working to make sure you pass the test so you can make use of your full potential.

    ReplyDelete