BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blog # 18: Summarizing and Responding to "Where the Whale Be at? The place of Race and Racism in the Discussion of Environmentalism

After reading “Where the whale be at?: The place of race & racism in the discussion of environmentalism”  by Terry J. Cole I honestly agree with his thoughts and opinions. First he states white Americans don’t care about the lands that they took away from the Native Americans or Indians, I totally agree with it. As history told us that the white people almost kill off the Native for their land cause the white wanted to have more power in this new world. And by having power meant was to have more land back in the early days when USA was being form. Then Terry touch on a topic that I agree on as well, about a large number of African American living is communities not white American wouldn’t live on (only if they are poor meaning the whites) He states that cause of the environment that Blacks live on that they are linked with delinquency, lower IQ, and lower graduation rates. To be honest its true, they have many problems in their communities. But to be honest if they work hard and not be selfish with each other I think they would have an answer for this. Sorry but that’s the way I think, I too was raise in those conditions when coming to USA when I was in my teen. I just to live on a black and Hispanic section in queens, call Richmond Hill near Jamaica Avenue. It was rough to have your teen years in those conditions that my parents and I have. But it wasn’t the worst either cause I was born in a 3rd world country Ecuador, and to be honest with you that’s much worst. Over there people are really living hard times..... Not like in USA in black neighborhood that I see people in welfare and having nice cars with rims but their houses is a waste. I think they have to cut the shit and focus on how they live in these places and not care about the new Jordans (sneakers) or if their car is hooked up. Shit (sorry) but in my country I remember that my parents were focus on bringing in a good education and not if the car was hook up (my family didn’t have a car until we came to USA) I remember that I was poor like really poor that I didn’t have at times food to eat. In USA the government helps those in conditions like that, not the way that blacks want to be help but it a F***ing help. In my country we don’t have that, they only helps was if a family member was luckly to come to the USA, or work hard to get the money for a living in which in the USA they have laws that help people of all races to get jobs, (I know that I’m going off topic but to me it’s funny how blacks are so sensitive. That they want the white man to have respect for them and help them. ) Well going back to the text it’s true that in black neighborhood have no supermarkets only bodegas and they can’t supposedly can’t eat right. But to this … can you go in your cars and go and buy food from the white neighborhood? Come on now… If they really wanted to eat right and health they should work hard for it.  I’m not a racism but it gets me mad that some people get offended by the truth, My family work very hard to be where they are at…. But they have a huge disadvantage in the English language that blacks don’t have…..  Sorry I want to write more but I think I will get in trouble for it ….

No comments:

Post a Comment